Trump’s State Department made the announcement on Monday that they’re tackling a large source of U.S. bound illegal immigrants by cutting foreign aid to the “Northern Triangle.” This foreign aid would be restored to the three countries – Guatemala, Honduras, and El Salvador – once their governments took “concrete action” to cut down the flow of migrants towards the United States.

This is the latest installment in a series of powerful moves made by Trump to secure our southern border, coming less than two weeks after a last-minute deal was reached with Mexico just before the White House would have issued a series of escalating tariffs against them. The deal required Mexico lining its northern border with additional troops and tightening up their asylum protocols.

President Trump previously pushed in March to cut $615 million in aid to the Northern Triangle, pointing out that the nations have been home to some of the migrant caravans that have marched through Mexico to the U.S. border to claim asylum, in some cases fraudulently. On further review, the State Department said the administration has decided to continue to provide $432 million for anti-gang, education, and health initiatives. U.S. officials said the review looked at roughly 700 projects funded with fiscal 2017 money by the United States in the three countries and concluded that a significant number were too far advanced to end them.

The latest plans tell a different story, however, as they show roughly $370 million from the fiscal year 2018 budget will no longer be provided to the Northern Triangle and approximately $185 million from the 2017 budget will be withheld for the time being. According to Fox News, A State Department official told said a re-evaluation would be concluded no later than April 2020. “We will not provide new funds for programs in those countries until we are satisfied that the Northern Triangle governments are taking concrete actions to reduce the number of migrants coming to the U.S. border,” State Department spokeswoman Morgan Ortagus said. “This is consistent with the president’s direction and with the recognition that it is critical that there be sufficient political will in these countries to address the problem at its source.” She added, “Working with Congress, we will reprogram those funds to other priorities as appropriate.” Ortagus noted that “previously awarded grants and contracts will continue with current funding.”

Democrats, who would rather allow our great nation be polluted by the criminals entering from the south, criticized the decision. “As feared, a presidential tantrum will limit our nation’s ability to actually help address the challenges forcing people to flee to the U.S.,” Sen. Bob Menendez, D-N.J., tweeted.

These 3 countries have been a thorn in the side of the U.S. for quite some time now. Their weak immigration policies have made it entirely too easy for migrants to head towards the U.S. which pledged more than $10 billion in aid last December in an effort to help keep potential migrants in their home country. Later in that month Trump pointed out these countries were not doing their part and were instead mooching off of the U.S.”…Honduras, Guatemala and El Salvador are doing nothing for the United States but taking our money… Word is that a new Caravan is forming in Honduras and they are doing nothing about it,” Trump added. “We will be cutting off all aid to these 3 countries — taking advantage of U.S. for years!”

For too long we as a country have been taken for fools by other poorer nations who willingly accept our aid but then do nothing in return. Trump taking a stand is exactly what the U.S. needs, a strong president who has our best interests in mind – a far cry from anything the Democrats have to offer.

Ad Blocker Detected!

Advertisements fund this website. Please disable your adblocking software or whitelist our website.
Thank You!