In the most recent escalation of violent Antifa tactics – Portland rioters attacked the city’s East Precinct Police Department and reportedly tried to run over police officers while fleeing the scene after attempting to burn the building to the ground.

Late at night, a group of a few hundred people blocked traffic, shined green lasers at police officers, attempted to tear down protective boarding on the building, and worked to disable surveillance cameras in an attempt to conceal their alleged criminal activity.

A member in the group was seen attempting to tear the surveillance camera off of the front doors of the East Precinct. Other people in the group began spray painting the camera, as well as the front doors of the precinct. Lots of members of the group were seen wearing helmets and carrying shields.

“Several people in the group began to ram a large 2 by 4 piece of wood in to the front glass doors in an effort to shatter them,” the Portland Police Department said in a statement. “Other members of the group slammed different heavy large objects into the glass doors as well. The objects included large rocks.”

“By 9:50 p.m., those who had been destructing the East Precinct glass doors successfully cracked them, causing significant damage,” the department continued.

“Since serious ongoing criminal behavior continued, a riot was declared at 9:56 p.m. At 10 p.m., the front doors of East Precinct were barricaded and a fire was started using plywood and an accelerant.”

When officers moved to disperse the rioters, they “were hit with projectiles and commercial grade fireworks,” the department said. “Because of life safety issues created by members in the group, CS gas and crowd control munitions were used. While dispersing efforts continued, a truck associated with the group attempted to run over several officers.”

Portland police said that officers were pelted with large rocks that were the size of shot puts, and they had to repel attacks from the violent rioters two more times over the following two hours.

Journalist Andy Ngo, who testified this week before the U.S. Senate as an expert on Antifa, tweeted out videos of the attacks on the police station.

“For the first time since the riots began in Portland, antifa attacked the east precinct, located far on the east side of the city,” Ngo wrote pointing out that it was significant because this particular precinct is located within in a suburb.

“After antifa were dispersed by police following the attack on the East Precinct, they tried to blind a woman at her home with lasers and attacked her,” Ngo continued. “Antifa have gone into residential parts of the city after moving on from attacking federal courthouse.”

“Portland Police declared a riot after antifa began to smash the windows of the east precinct & set the front of the building on fire,” Ngo wrote along with additional footage. “Here they rush in and make some arrests after rioters tried making a street blockade.”

Portland’s police chief is pleading with Portland officials and rioters who have played a role in ripping the city apart to stop the violence, suggesting that ongoing unrest does nothing to move the cause of racial justice forward.

Portland’s police chief wants the violence to stop and said so in a meeting with media, according to local news.

“Portlanders need to send a strong message that enough is enough,” Lovell added. “This is not forwarding the goals that are going to lead to better outcomes for people of color. This movement is really powerful, but the violence has taken away from it. This is not what Portland is about. This is not what we need in our city.”

Ad Blocker Detected!

Advertisements fund this website. Please disable your adblocking software or whitelist our website.
Thank You!