Author

Sister Toldjah

Browsing

For the last four years, Democrats and the mainstream media (but I repeat myself) have been trying to portray President Trump as unfit for office, most often by way of suggesting he’s got severe cognitive impairments or is otherwise mentally unwell.

Because Trump and his reelection campaign have turned the tables the last year and a half by stating it’s Joe Biden’s cognitive abilities that should be called into question, the Usual Suspects™ have ratcheted up their efforts at “proving” Trump has some form of dementia or memory loss by taking out of context clips and presenting them as “proof” he no longer has the mental stability it takes to serve as President and Commander in Chief.

The latest example of this happening comes courtesy of Chicago Twitter user Tom Joseph, who says in his Twitter bio that his “background is running technology and finance businesses” but who has also proclaims expertise in degenerative neurological diseases even though he admits he is not a physician.

Since 2017, Joseph has alleged without evidence and without personally examining him that Trump has a “neurological deterioration” of some sort that should lead to his removal from office now rather than after the election (assuming he’s defeated).

Joseph posted a video to his Twitter account Sunday of what he says was Trump looking “lost and disoriented”:

Trump is lost & disoriented here. His mind goes blank and he doesn’t remember what he’s supposed to do next. He’s deep into his degenerative neurological disease- Frontotemporal dementia- mindlessly lumbering and zigzagging in the grass towards a puddle. pic.twitter.com/quaPffXvAh

— Tom Joseph (@TomJChicago) September 7, 2020

The video was originally posted by Twitter user BionicMD, who presented it as “breaking” news:

There were two big problems with Joseph’s and BionicMD’s video posts. The first one is that the clip was not a “breaking” news clip – it was taken well over a year ago on the South Lawn. The even bigger problem is that the in-context clip does not show Trump looking “lost and disoriented.” It shows him finishing up a back and forth with reporters before walking to a puddle and gesturing to First Lady Melania Trump to watch out for it:

Here’s a longer version of the clip that shows what actually happened:

Here’s a slightly shorter version of that clip that still provides the context:

Here’s video directly from C-SPAN that also shows what the President was actually doing, contra the claims of Joseph and others who have widely shared the altered clip:

According to the description of the complete video from the C-SPAN website, it was taken on August 7th, 2019:

AUGUST 7, 2019 – President Trump White House Departure

President Trump spoke to reporters as he departed the White House for Dayton, Ohio, and El Paso, Texas to meet with shooting victims, victims’ families, first responders, and police officers. He gave an update on meetings with lawmakers regarding legislative action to address mass shootings and gun violence.

This is what you call Joseph “getting busted big time”, but unlike with Republican Twitter accounts, don’t look for Twitter to take any action to label this video as being “manipulated” by Joseph and BionicMD in any way – even though it’s very obvious that’s exactly what happened.

Author: Sister Toldjah

Source: Red State: Video of Trump Allegedly Looking ‘Lost and Disoriented’ Gets Debunked Big Time as Receipts Get Flashed

My RedState colleague Becca Lower reported last night on how San Francisco hair salon owner Erica Kious is receiving bad reviews and death threats after House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) accused her of a “set up” after video footage was published Tuesday of Pelosi getting a haircut and highlights sans mask at the salon at a time when salons are shuttered thanks to mandates forbidding them to open for full services during the pandemic.

Kious told Fox News’s Tucker Carlson that it’s likely her business will have to permanently shut down thanks to those mandates, which she says are responsible for her losing 60% of her clients:

“We’re pretty much done. We’ve lost at least 60 percent of our clients. I’ve lost the majority of my staff. Six months is a long time to be closed down.”

[…]

“The hard part of all of this is that I have been in that community for 12 years. And since this happened, I have received nothing but hate. Text messages, death threats. They’re going to burn my hair salon down. My Yelp! page is just unbelievable, [filled] with bad reviews. It’s sad that my community is pulling this.”

Sad indeed.

South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem (R) watched the interview and made this offer to Kious in response:

Memo to liberals: This is what true feminism and real freedom actually looks like.

As Media Research Center noted, Noem is one of five governors who have “refused to issue a statewide stay-at-home order or mandated that businesses shut down amid the coronavirus scare.”

Last month, Noem declined an offer from the Trump administration for an extension of unemployment benefits, saying the state didn’t need it.

Author: Sister Toldjah

Source: Red State: South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem Swoops in With a Sweet Offer for CA Salon Owner After Pelosi Dust-Up

As I noted Tuesday, Fox News’s Tucker Carlson has not backed down from his daily spot-on criticisms of radical leftist groups even as cancel culture mobs continue to try and silence him for resisting left-wing GroupThink in the aftermath of the senseless death of George Floyd and the widespread protests and rioting that followed.

Though Carlson has lost a number of “woke” advertisers in response to the various campaigns to cancel him, he is leading in the cable news ratings wars. One journalist even described Carlson’s current numbers as “through the roof.”

Here are his Monday ratings:

Friday ratings:

Thursday ratings:

According to Forbes, Carlson won the ratings war all week last week, with his colleague Sean Hannity not far behind:

With an average total audience of four million viewers, Fox News Channel’s Tucker Carlson finished the week of June 8 through June 14 as the most-watched host in all of cable news, despite the decision by some advertisers to abandon his program over comments Carlson made about the Black Lives Matter movement.

Tucker Carlson Tonight finished ahead of FNC’s usual first-place finisher, Hannity, which ended the week in second place with 3.9 million viewers, followed by The Ingraham Angle (3.5 million total viewers) according to ratings data compiled by Nielsen.

[…]

Among viewers 25-54, the demographic group favored by advertisers, Carlson remained on top with 680,000—the largest audience in cable news. Carlson was followed by Sean Hannity (633,000 viewers) and Laura Ingraham (621,000 viewers).

Take that, cancel culturalists:

Carlson, a frequent target of CNN’s farcical media correspondent duo of Brian Stelter and Oliver Darcy, has made it a point in his monologues over the last several weeks to point out how the push to shut down conservative voices over disagreement was worse than it had ever been:

“No matter what they are claiming on television or how loudly we are claiming it, their main goal is power,” Carlson said. “They will silence you, hurt you, burn your country down, and they are doing all of that now.

“At this point, we are becoming North Korea,” Carlson added. “We now believe in blood guilt. We punish people for the sins of their relatives. We don’t allow individuals to have private thoughts. We hurt anyone who disagrees with orthodoxy.

“We demand that the innocent plead guilty to things we know they didn’t do and then read their confessions in public to prove they’ve been reeducated, and then we brag about doing all of this.”

Carlson, the co-founder of the website “The Daily Caller”, also announced last week he was stepping away from his responsibilities at the site so he could focus more on his primetime program on Fox News. Clearly he’s not planning on quieting down anytime soon.

Good for him.

Author: Sister Toldjah

Source: Red State: He Persisted: Tucker Carlson’s Ratings ‘Through the Roof’ as Cancel Culture Mobs Rage On

I wrote this morning about the massive journalism fail that has been on display since the story of Tara Reade’s sexual assault allegations against Joe Biden first broke 36 days ago.

The big-name news outlets like the New York Times, the Washington Post, and CNN have only given the story obligatory coverage – and they didn’t even file their first reports on Reade’s claims until 3 weeks after she first made them. To top it off, Joe Biden himself has not been directly asked at all about them in the numerous interviews he’s given over the last 5 weeks.

MSNBC’s coverage has been the worst of the lot. According to MRC-TV, up until Tuesday, MSNBC’s total coverage of the story amounted to less than 5 minutes. That changed last night, when “All In” host Chris Hayes weighed in. Here’s a partial transcript:

CHRIS HAYES, MSNBC: Throughout the entire #MeToo era there have been moments I think for many of us, all of us, when we have heard about accusations against someone, that we find ourselves desperately wanting not to believe. But because we have some personal admiration for the individual or their work, or political admiration, someone on our “side.” A part of the difficult lesson of the #MeToo era is not that every accusation is true and everything should be believed on its face but that you do have to fight yourself when you feel that impulse. You have to do that in order to take seriously what is being alleged and what the evidence is, and to evaluate it. And that is the case with the accusations by a woman named Tara Reade against Joe Biden.

Reade briefly worked as a Senate aide in Biden’s office in the early 90s. Last year she told a California newspaper that in 1993 Joe Biden “touched” her several times making her feel uncomfortable. At that time, Reade was one of several women who came forward around that moment with accusations against the former vice president of inappropriate sort of over-physicalness, touching, kissing or hugging that they say made them feel uncomfortable. Then last month she made a much more serious allegation telling first a podcast and then later ‘The New York Times’ that in 1993, Joe Biden pinned her to a wall in the Senate building, reached under the clothing and penetrated her with his fingers. Reade told the ‘Times’ that she filed a complaint with the Senate that same year about what happened with Biden.

The segment actually went on for several minutes as Hayes gave the story a more thorough and fair analysis than the rest of his colleagues at MSNBC and the mainstream media at large. Newsbusters has the full transcript of the segment. You can watch a portion of it below:

Because Hayes had the audacity to “go there” with the Biden story, #FireChrisHayes trended on Twitter last night, and his name is still trending as of this writing. Here are some examples:

Twitchy documented numerous other instances of outraged liberals who tore into Hayes.

So much for the “party of women”, right?

Must protect The Precious.

Author: Sister Toldjah

Source: Red State: Watch: MSNBC’s Chris Hayes Does the Unthinkable in Covering *That* Story, and Now Liberals Want to Cancel Him

Remember a few weeks ago when the White House press corps went absolutely bonkers after OANN’s Chanel Rion asked President Trump during a Wuhan coronavirus task force press briefing if it “alarmed” him that many in the MSM appeared to be teaming up with China’s government in their propaganda offensive against Trump’s use of the term “Chinese virus”?

CNN’s media correspondent duo of Brian Stelter and Oliver Darcy took particular issue with the question, and of the allowance of Rion into the press briefing room altogether.

Darcy lashed out at OANN, tweeting that “Amid a global pandemic killing thousands of Americans, Trump disparaged CNN, NYT, and PBS at his press conference, while saving his praise for a fringe cable channel that peddles right-wing conspiracy theories.”

Of OANN, Stelter stated that “There are 100+ media outlets in the United States with bigger audiences and better journalistic reputations than @OANN. But because the channel broadcasts pro-Trump propaganda, it is given preferential treatment at the White House.”

Both Darcy and Stelter praised the White House Correspondents Assocation for kicking OANN out of the briefing room for allegedly violating the press corps’ social distancing policy.

But fast forward to Monday, when President Trump had the audacity to ask a reporter who touted China’s work with the U.S. if she worked for a China-controlled propaganda “news” outlet. Watch:

Spoiler alert: She actually does.

But regardless, the press were outraged, and that included CNN, which has now changed its tune on allowing “propaganda” outlets to ask Trump questions during these briefings.

CNN White House correspondent John Harwood appeared on his network’s “New Day” program Tuesday morning to discuss, among other things, Trump’s daily interactions with the press. During the segment, Harwood brought up Trump questioning the “reporter” and likened it to how an “authoritarian leader” would act (transcribed, with bolded emphasis added):

“So the president was lashing out again at the legitimacy of criticism itself. He went after a reporter and said ‘do you work for China?’ He criticized the HHS inspector General saying ‘did this person work for President Obama?’ This is the kind of thing he did, we remember, in 2016 when he said, ‘well, it’s a Mexican judge, I’m trying to build a wall, they can’t be fair.’ That is not the case.

There is expertise within the government. He has disregarded that expertise. And now he’s trying – I think he feels a sense of injustice that the good conditions that he was running for re-election on have been taken away and he’s reacting in a way, frankly, that authoritarian leaders behave. ‘You can’t question me, I’m the leader of the country, what I say is true.’ And we can all see what the consequences in American life are at this moment. That is on his watch and he’s got to take responsibility for it.”

Watch the segment below, via MRC-TV:

Isn’t it amazing how quickly they can flip their switch when it serves their purposes?

OANN’s Rion noticed, too:

There’s also a particular irony in Harwood claiming Trump is acting like an “authoritarian leader” because he doesn’t want questions from a “reporter” who is asking questions on behalf of a, you know, actual authoritarian leader.

Here’s CNN’s position in a nutshell: Liberally biased outlets like theirs and Chinese government propaganda outlets like Phoenix TV are legitimate news organizations (because they’re almost one in the same), but conservatively biased outlets that don’t treat Trump like a dictator shouldn’t be allowed to join in their reindeer games.

Sound about right?

Author: Sister Toldjah

Source: Red State: Video: John Harwood Accidentally Reveals CNN’s Hypocrisy on Allowing ‘Propaganda’ Outlets at WH Briefings

Ad Blocker Detected!

Advertisements fund this website. Please disable your adblocking software or whitelist our website.
Thank You!